Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Painting Some Curtains

Hello there!

Are you experiencing the cold weather like we are?

It was a bit of a dreary day yesterday but later this week it should be feeling more like springtime.
I can't wait...it will be nice to have a good change in the weather soon.



Last week I completed a project that didn't take up too much time at all.
I spent one evening working on some curtains.

A few months ago I purchased a plain white full sheet and then cut it in half to make curtains.
They looked pretty good hanging up in our family room, but I wanted to add a bit more color and drama to them. I was missing my chevron print a little bit in there so I decided to take matters into my own hands.
I took the curtains down, laid them side-by-side and got out some left-over Sherwin Williams Porpoise paint. I love this color...it's a rich gray with tones of brown and I love that combination!



I spied some beautifully painted chevron curtains over on Kristen's blog and knew that was the look I should go for.
I decided not to measure like she did...
in fact, I just eyeballed the whole things pretty much and it turned out great!
You may or may not want to do that if you try this project. ;)
It was just easier for me to do it this way.




Here are some different angles for you:



I love how they turned out!

They work well with our vintage painted dresserour shoe storage area, and the pops of navy- as seen in the navy armchair above. (which was painted by the way!). 
Oh, and I happen to think that the wooden picture next to the curtains stands out a little bit more now (in a good way of course)!


Such a simple and quick change to add a little of something extra to the room.



Have you ever tried your hand at painting curtains? Would you?

Thanks for stopping by!


Linking up:
Craft Sundays
Not Baad Sundays
Sunday Showcase

6 comments :

  1. I love the huge chevron, so pretty. Great job. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, thanks so much, Marty!
    You always give the sweetest compliments. :)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love oversize graphic patterns like this, Stephanie! What a great addition to your room! I've never tried painting curtains, but I'm getting inspired to try! :) Thanks so much for sharing at Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wide chevron is so nice since it isn't really busy. and the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project and great to "meet" you on craft schooling Sunday! Hope you'll be back again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.