Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Girls Room Painted and More than Halfway Complete

Over the weekend, my hubby and I painted the girls room. Finally! 
I was a bit nervous when the first coat of paint went on because the color wasn't what I was picturing in my mind, but once we finished putting up 2 coats and it dried, it turned out to be the perfect pale pink paint color I originally hoped for. 

This time, I picked out a Benjamin Moore color. That was a first for me. But after seeing BM's Mellow Pink multiple times online and on some blogs, I figured to just go for it and stop deliberating between more colors. I didn't even buy a sample! 

I did however have this paint color matched at The Home Depot because I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a smaller room. I have heard wonderful things about Benjamin Moore, and maybe some day I will use it, but I still love and stand by Sherwin Williams paints. They are great! Covers in one coat and with their sales running constantly, you can get a really good deal.

Also, the reason why I didn't choose a SW pink paint for their room was because I kept going back to BM's Mellow Pink and really really wanted to try it out. Plus, the girls LOVE it! They wanted a room with pink and blue accents, and I think we got that covered so far. 

There are still a few more little tweaks and things to make in the next month, but it is coming together nicely and more importantly, the girls are happy with the way their room is turning out.

So enough about all those details already, let's get to some pictures, shall we?!

Here is a before:


Walls needed a fresh coat of paint and that light/fan fixture. Just.don't.know. But I really dislike it. It's on the list of things to update.

Here are some after shots of their room and where we are at with it right now.




Someone decided to lay on her sister's bed with a banana while big sis was napping downstairs. ;)


This corner of the room is one of my favorites. 
The girls love putting books and/or baby dolls in the cradle and they love sitting on the rocking chair while reading some of their favorite books.




The circle wall hangings were made of construction paper with a circular die-cut I bought at Michael's. 
The bookshelf is an oldie that we use for toys and stuffed animals. I painted the back with a sample of Sherwin Williams Comical Coral.


The girls curtains are actually twin bed sheets I cut in half. They are from Wal-Mart and were an inexpensive way to add some color and texture.


The letters hanging are from Michaels. I still need to paint Lydia's letters. 

The shelf between their beds is actually a towel holder that we got as a wedding gift more than 6 years ago. It now holds the girls books. 

The lamp was a crazy thrift store purchase. I literally spend 75cents on it!!! No joke! I should have bought a TON more because they were getting rid of these lamps but I only purchased two at the time. Eh, you live and you learn.


The girls headboards are from a thrift store in Williamsburg. I painted them with Sherwin Williams Silver Strand at 75% (which means it is a lighter strength/color than the original color you can buy).


The wall shelf is another thrift store find from a Williamsburg shop. 
The hat with a purple ribbon is from Colonial Williamsburg. The girls picked that out last year.

There are still some more things I would like to do with this room before calling it done.
I would like to update the light fixture I try not to take pictures of and there are just some other minor tunings to complete, but I think we are more than half-way done with this room and that makes us all happy. :)


Hope everyone stays warm this weekend. We are going to get more snow tomorrow night. Looking forward to some of that warmer weather that is to come!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments :

  1. Easy to see why the girls are loving their new room. The paint color is perfect! Such a soft shade of pink Super cute with the grey curtains and chevron rug. I love Colonial Williamsburg! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't CW one of the best places to be? We love that place so much!

      Delete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.