Monday, August 25, 2014

Styling a Buffet Table/Sideboard

One piece of furniture we bought at a thrift store a couple of years ago was a wooden buffet table.
It was in GREAT shape...but a little outdated.

I can't find a picture of what it looked like when we bought, but it was just all made out of wood.
I love natural wood furniture pieces, but this kind didn't go with our decor and so I wanted to paint it.

I first started by priming the piece, which was not all that fun because of the intricate details on the front doors. Needless to say, it took some time and patience.
After that was done, the buffet table was ready for some paint.
I chose Nuance, by Sherwin Williams.
I love this color- it's a great off-white with just a hint of gray.

After painting, it was time to style...my favorite part!









This piece is no longer available to buy, but we are on the hunt for another one soon! :)


Some tips for styling a buffet table/sideboard:

1. Lamps are a great accessory and provide extra lighting. I chose a green base lamp from Target since green is one of my favorite colors.
2. Layer mirrors together- seems to be a timeless design trick and it looks beautiful.
3. Don't be afraid to add some contrast above your buffet table with a printed pattern or paint- especially if your piece is a neutral color like mine.
4. Add a few more accessories of your liking to personalize.


And that's all!
I hope you enjoyed this post.

Thanks for stopping by!


**Don't forget to like my new Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/LoveOlympiaJune2014 

1 comment :

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.