Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Decor for a Wooden Writing Desk

About a month ago, I visited one of my favorite thrift stores and found this beautiful wooden desk. It needed a bit of cleaning up, but the overall condition was great and I loved the shape of the legs and detail it had.
The inside of the drawers was already lined with this beautiful yellow floral paper- which was a pleasant surprise!

I couldn't pass it up- and now it sits in our home by the top of the stairs and holds a few things for us.

I took some pictures of it recently after selling this piece a while back.
Here is the updated look to give you an idea of how beautiful some pieces can be without paint!!









You can read all about the ruler growth chart I made for our girls here. They love it and it was such a quick and simple project to do! 

The paint color on the door is Sherwin Williams Porpoise.
Wall color is Sherwin Williams Wool Skein.

How do you feel about painting furniture? Do you find it hard to paint pieces that have a story and are made well?


And don't forget to like my Facebook page!! :)


Linking with:
the golden sycamore 
the 36th avenue 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.