Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Life Sized Growth Ruler Chart


I have such a fun and neat DIY project to share with you all today.

I was reading a few blogs over the past couple of months and stumbled upon a Pottery Barn ruler growth chart.
I loved this idea so much and of course had to look up the cost just to see if it was worth purchasing.


But at $89 for one....yea, no thanks!


A few blogs out there have made their own Pottery Barn knock-off rulers and knew I could do it...so I did!

I searched our garage for the left-over wood we used to build this and had the hubs cut it down to the size I wanted....which was roughly about 6 1/2 feet long.


I gathered my materials and got to work...using some online pictures to guide me.




I thought about staining the wood but knew it would take too much time and the wood stain I had on hand was too dark so I decided to keep the natural wood stain.

It works perfectly.


A black Sharpie marker was all that was needed to make each marking on the wood and it showed up quite well.


Ahhhh...

I LOVE it!

I love the idea of being able to mark and record my girl's height and keep it as a memory.
Plus, if we move, we can take it with us and they can look back at their growth!!








So what do you think?
Would you ever make one of these or purchase one to keep in your home?


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.