Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Painted Chair with Gray and Yellow Striped Fabric

I don't know what it is about gray and yellow together, but it is a striking combination!

Here is a little back story to that comment above, in case you are wondering. :)
A few years ago, when I was walking around Hancock Fabrics (which sadly went out of business where I live) with my daughter (I only had one at the time...and therefore a little more time to shop!), I spotted this gray and yellow striped fabric and just knew I had to have it. Ever happen to you with something you are not really looking for?
At the time, I wasn't sure what project I was going to use them for, but it was on sale and I loved it...so I bought a few yards. 
I ended up using the fabric to make curtains in our-then guest room.
Well, that was 2 years ago, and so we no longer have the curtains hanging up that I made, but I held on to the fabric and have finally been able to use it for something new now.

That's where this chair comes in!

Here are some pictures I took of the finished product...
nothing too fancy...
you know, because you can only do so much when photographing a chair...there are only so many angles to take. ;)








I sanded, painted, and distressed the chair a little bit so it doesn't look "too perfect."
I also added some flowers to the top side with some of the left over fabric.
The "Love" written at the top of the chair wasn't really planned right away...that spot just needed something and the word "Love" felt appropriate.

She is a sturdy little thing with a cool punch of color. 
I happen to think it turned out lovely. :)
Hoping to use it for our girl's in their new bedroom.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

2 comments :

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.