Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Hazelnut Frosting with Chocolate Cupcakes


Well, if you know me at all, then it should come as no surprise that I love to bake. I also like to get my kids in on the process and they really love it- especially when they get to lick the frosting bowl clean after all of the cupcakes are baked and frosted! Do yours ever do that? 
All of my kids have a sweet tooth (yes, that includes the little guy)- I guess you can say they are just like their momma who absolutely loves anything with sugar! ;)

Anywho, this recipe isn't a new one. I found it through a talented blogger named Dear Lillie. 
What I liked about this recipe when I first saw it was the simplicity of it. There aren't that many ingredients to start, which keeps everything down to a reasonable cost. Not only that, the recipe calls for Hazelnut spread (a.k.a.- Nutella)- in my book, you cannot go wrong with a recipe that calls for that stuff!!!

So here are the ingredients you need to make the frosting:


1 cup of butter, softened by not melted

1 cup hazelnut spread 

2 tsp. vanilla

4 cups powdered sugar

2-4 tsp. heavy cream (if you don't have any you can use milk)


First beat the butter and hazelnut spread together then add vanilla. After that, mix in the powdered sugar one cup at a time. Add the heavy cream as necessary until you get the right consistency. 







And that's it as far as the frosting goes!

To make the cupcakes, I just used a store bought box and followed the directions. 
Once the cupcakes were cooled, we used a spoon to add the frosting to them- nothing fancy- and then added a few mini chocolate chips to garnish the top because, you know, they needed more chocolate!!






And just like that, they are done and you have some deliciously good cupcakes. I'm serious guys! These are some of the best (mostly because of the hazelnut frosting on the top)!

Let me know if you try them.
We happen to think they are wonderful- in fact, so much so that we have made them twice!!  :)
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.