Monday, January 23, 2017

An Easy and Fun Snowman Measuring Stick

Last week, I was asked to come up with a craft for my daughter's classroom party coming up (which is tomorrow afternoon). Since this is a winter class party, the theme was "Snowmen"...so I looked to some blogs for craft inspiration. A quick "Google" search came up with this blog about how to create a snowman measuring stick. I thought this would be an easy and fun thing for a kindergarten class to create, so I gathered whatever supplies we had at home (and had to purchase a few things as well).


Here is what you will need:

*Painting sticks (since I needed 22 of them, I bought two packs at Home Depot)
*Paint
*Sharpie markers
*Ribbon for the scarf (I bought 2 rolls so the students get to choose which one they want)
*Felt for the snowman's hat
*Stickers for the hat 
*Glue
*Scissors

Of course you can add more to this supply list, like googly eyes, additional fabric, orange felt for the nose, and pipe cleaners for the arms. But I decided to keep things simple and keep costs down a bit. I did almost purchase pipe cleaners for arms, but wasn't really sure how that would hold up with regular Elmer's glue...and I didn't want to bring in my glue gun for safety reasons. However, I still think they will turn out great!

Once I got my sticks, I went ahead and spray painted all of them so they would look snowy white.


Now I won't go into detail about how to make one since it's pretty easy to do just by looking at the pictures. 
But I will say that I plan on having the students complete theirs in some kind of order, working our way up the snowman stick since we will be using glue and I want to make sure it has time to dry.



I had my oldest write the numbers on the stick- numbers 1 thru 7. She also drew the face and both of my girls helped add the snowflake stickers.


This is the one we will use as the example. :)





Now that the sticks have been painted and dried, we gathered the supplies with them and placed them in a baggy! 
I hope all of the students have fun with it and enjoy the party tomorrow!! :)

P.S.- We have already had snow this year (and a lot of it!) but we have had snow on into February and March...so it still not too late to make one




No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.