Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wintery Front Porch- Simplicity

Hey there!
Don't you just love that Thanksgiving and Christmas are almost here?
I love this time of year, and while I admit that the year has been going by way too fast, I am glad that we have hit fall/winter season around here! I am not a big fan of the cold & windy weather we get this time of year, but I do love decorating for these seasons and it gets me all excited!!

I haven't done any Christmas decorating though because we want to get through Thanksgiving first and enjoy it without having to worry about putting up our tree yet. I know that some people have already started busting out their Christmas trees and other decor, but you won't find that in this house yet...not until the 29th. ;)

In other news, I recently made over our front porch AGAIN!
Our front porch once looked like this (click here to see). 

And now it looks like this:




I thought I'd do some in B&W because it was fun! :)


As you can see, I adding burlap fabric on our chairs to cover the existing yellow and gray fabric we had before to create more of a warmer look.


I also made these pillows out of cheesecloth that I purchased from JoAnn's a long time ago and added ribbon to one and used a Sharpie Marker for the other to write "it is well with my soul." I saw a pillow like this over at Dear Lillie's blog and really wanted to create my own.


And last, but not least, I added some burlap fabric to our front door wreath. That way everything ties in all together and doesn't feel too mismatched.



I am also thinking of adding some B&W canvas photos out here, similar to the ones I did here.
They won't be too fancy so it could work to have them out front. Plus, it is really inexpensive to do.

That would pretty much be it for our porch...except for the occasional addition of flowers and holiday decor.

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy the rest of the week.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.