Monday, June 23, 2014

Tour Our Home Part I

Well, I finally got some pictures together for a tour of our home.
I have some photos of our entryway, sitting nook, and dining room.

I plan on getting the rest of our home photographed once I have more time, but this week, I was going to share these 3 spaces. 

I went with neutral colors throughout our home because it's what we love. Mixes of grays, beige, green, and blue happen to be some of our favorite colors...so incorporating them into our home was something I knew we could do.

Here are some of the photos I took recently of our home...we will start with just a few pictures of our entryway.






Since we don't have a coat closet, I built this coat rack using some wood from the Home Depot and added 3 coat hooks. It keeps our jackets/coats, hats, sweaters, etc handy for when we need them.


Next to our coat rack, we have a dresser for shoes and keys, etc. 
I made the frame for the picture above the storage dresser with some wood that I stained.
I had the picture blown up for cheap at Staples.




Next, we move on to the sitting area.
This is a great place not only for some reading, but we also use it as a place to put our shoes on. :)
It's very functional.
And next to the painted blue chair is another shoe storage cabinet from IKEA that I bought a while back and painted and added hardware to.






 Our dining room is next up on the tour....
I still feel like this space could use a bit more color...maybe on the buffet table....but for now, it's going to stay this way. ;)




The curtains were painted to give a bit more color and add some drama to the room.
The bench was upholstered in a green fabric that I absolutely love! The fabric is also an indoor/outdoor fabric and has held up to many spills and stains...love that! 
I also added a black and white print to the wall above the buffet table. It adds some eye candy to an otherwise blank wall with mirrors.



I have more pictures to come this week so stay tuned!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.