Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Upstairs Bathroom- Mirror Changes



Musical Mirrors was a post I wrote a few days ago about how moving some of the mirrors around in our home quickly changed up the look in some of our spaces. Well, this post is similar in that I ended up changing out the mirror in the upstairs bathroom. Originally, the circular mirror we had in the upstairs bathroom wasn't that practical for the girls. It was hard for them to see themselves while they were either washing their hands or brushing their teeth, so I changed it up and moved that one to our bedroom and put a rectangular one in there instead. It is working out much better. In fact, after I hung it up, my youngest said excitedly, "I can see myself now, Mom!" It made me glad that she was happy about it, so I think I made the right choice by changing out the mirror to this "new" one. :)




I should mention that the tiled floor is originally to the house and not something we would have chosen for here. Someday, we would love to change it out...or paint it if that is even an option for tiled floor. But for now, it will have to do.

  
I really like the way the larger mirror makes the space seem bigger. Another reason to keep it in here because this bathroom isn't necessarily what you would call a large space.


As you can see, I still have some holes to fill in the walls. :)




A few details about the space:

Wall color is SW Alabaster White
Color above trim is a gray mixture I made myself with leftover paint
Cabinet color is SW Gauntlet Gray
Shower curtain is from Target
Wall shelves are from Lowe's on Clearance
Wall mirror is from a Williamsburg thrift store and repainted with some leftover paint

I think that is about it for this space...just wanted to share some updates and show how you can "shop your house" for updates.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.