Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Joy Through a Child's Eyes

Children.
My children...
They bring me such joy! I'm sure that sounds cliche, but it's true.
More and more I am realizing that my children are great gifts from God and each day I get to see what joy looks like through their eyes. It's really the little things in life that get them excited and almost anything can quickly put a smile on their faces. It's convicting, yet at the same time, it has been teaching me some things. 

And that is to enjoy each and every moment we are given and to be thankful in all circumstances. (I Thessalonians 5:18)

Believe me...this hasn't been easy. For quite some time, I have been going about my day, each day, not really being thankful for each moment and because of that, I have been missing out on some of the simple things that my kids enjoy. Things like blowing bubbles and watching them float up into the bright blue sky, picking dandelions and blowing them into the wind, snuggling on the couch watching a movie. The list can go on and on really, but you get my point. 




It's easy to be thankful for things that go my way or things that seem easy.
But what about when things get tough?
Like when it's 4pm, and the kids are cranky because they really needed to take a nap earlier in the day but never did, and you still need to prep dinner, and clean the house, etc. etc. 
Or what about when a plan doesn't go your way and because of that, you get more than just a little disappointed?
It's really hard to be thankful in circumstances like that. At least for me it is!
But I have been learning how to do that...and believe me, it has been quite the learning process!


How can you not look into those sweet eyes and not smile- drool and all?!

For right now, I am thankful for these sweet little moments that can be spent with my family and I enjoy the fact that we get to slow things down. 
As far as the lesson about being thankful in all circumstances- well I have a lot to learn about that one. But I'm thankful for God's grace and that His mercies are made new every morning! Without it, there would be no hope. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.