Saturday, May 7, 2016

A Note for Mother's Day

Since tomorrow is Mother's Day, I thought I would write a blog post about it. I wasn't really sure of what to write about so I figured I would start with what we did yesterday to kick off the weekend.

To start off the Mother's day weekend, I got to spend some time at my daughter's school on Friday where we had a mother/daughter tea party. The class sang some lovely songs to honor all of the moms in attendance and it was sweet to be a part of that. My sweet girl had such a grin on her face and was very proud of herself for singing in front of a group of people. This also made me very happy and proud. All the moms received some decorated cookies, some artwork, and flowers. This is the first time my daughter has actually prepared something on her own for me to celebrate this holiday and it moved me that the week before she couldn't help but talk about our mother/daughter tea party and the crafts she made for me. It was a proud mommy moment and I'm certain all moms have had their share of those moments.
Here is my daughter with the hand-made craft she created at school for me (don't mind the fact that she has a mouthful of watermelon and is hiding that juicy smile behind her creation)  :)



She also put together some beautiful flowers for me and painted the flower pot. She was very excited about it and I'm just hoping I can keep these flowers alive for more than a couple of days!!



And then I got to read her answers to questions she got asked about me. 
If you have time, you should read the answers too. ;)



Wait...did you just read the part where is says, "My mom is 143 years old?!" Yep...that's what I read too! Clearly, we have some things to talk about. ;)
I also found it quite humorous that she put down that I love to cook "spicy stuff." That couldn't be farther from the truth, folks! My husband loves spicy food, but I surely don't cook that way. :) Maybe she was referring to these cookies we recently made together.
It was all sweet nonetheless and we will definitely be saving this one for the future. 


It's also no surprise that my kids love to color, paint, and draw. That is why I started leaving out a container of crayons on our kitchen table. It makes the perfect centerpiece and the perfect spot for them to grab some crayons when they get the creative urge. It makes momma happy and I encourage you to consider doing this too if your kids like to create things!

I am very thankful God has blessed me with 3 beautiful, caring, and loving children. They are a very important part of my life and I feel truly grateful to be their mom! 

And I will add a few more things here. I have read many blogs about the challenges of motherhood...and yes, it is difficult and challenging at times. But on the other hand, I think we all know what a gift it is as well. Just the other day, I was telling my husband how exhausting this whole being a mommy thing is and how it can also be very stressful at times- every mom knows that, especially when you are in the thick of it all. I never want to downplay that...but in those moments, I have to take a step back and realize my children are gifts. They are blessings from my Heavenly Father. He has entrusted me as their mother and I am thankful that I can celebrate another Mother's Day with them and my family. 

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there. May you feel loved and appreciated!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.