Monday, March 20, 2017

Some Large Photographs for the Dining Room

Recently, I found out that Staples not only does B/W engineering prints, but they also make engineering prints in color! I was pretty ecstatic to hear about this and had to give it a try!

One day last month, my family and I went to Colonial Williamsburg. The weather was a little bit overcast and windy, so we didn't stay too long. However, I was able to snap a few photos while we were there and decided to try a couple of them out in the colored engineering prints that Staples offers. 

I have to say that for the price, you can't beat this! The photos might not look 100% clear and may be slightly fuzzy, but you wouldn't really notice unless you look up-close. I don't think anyone will be looking that closely at these pictures in my house. And if someone notices, they can get a cookie. ;)

Also, I paid around $7.00 for BOTH of these prints which is pretty fantastic given the size ordered- 18"x30". That's a pretty good price for the size if you ask me!

To give these prints a little bit of that "canvas" look, my daughters and I shopped around the Dollar Tree, of all places, and found a large poster board that I cut in half. 




This is what the poster board looked like after it was cut in half. The size was what we needed for each print.


Regular ol' tape did the job of keeping the prints attached to the poster board.


I just used a few small nails to hang up these pictures and that was it! I haven't decided if I am going to make wooden frames for these like what we've got in the stairwell yet. I think they don't really need them, but it might make them "pop" a little bit more among all of the neutral colors.


Although, flowers do help add some color!
My husband bought me these beautiful red tulips and I love how much they add to the room! :)










If you decide to give these engineering prints a go, let me know what you think! Overall, I'd say it's worth a try if you are looking for large prints at an unbeatable price!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.