I am so excited to share this project with you all!
This is a new piece that I have been working on and just completed.
**I do have to say that once again, I didn't take "before" pictures...blah! Sorry...I really have to be better about that!*
Here is what I did:
Anyways, this piece needed some color so I began by priming it first.
I painted it this pretty green shade by Sherwin Williams and then once it was dry, sanded the whole thing to give it a little bit of a distressed look. I felt it was needing that.
I also used some Frog Tape to tape off the numbers "1", "2", and "3" on the drawers. I wanted to keep some of the original wood finish to the piece and by doing that with the numbers on the drawers, it added some visual interest.
I also wrapped the knobs with some jute and then once the dresser was painted and dried, they were ready to be added on. I think they look fabulous and just what this piece needed in the end to finish it off.
Here are a few close-ups of the different colors coming through after I sanded it down.
I really love how it turned out once it was distressed a little bit!
As a side note, if you are thinking of redoing a piece of furniture like this, I would highly recommend priming whatever part(s) you are planning to paint. It really helps keep the piece durable and the paint will stick better to the primer as well.
This piece looks much better in person I think and I am very happy with the way it turned out!
Don't forget to like my new Facebook page :)
Linking up with: