Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Very Pink Bedroom with some Light Blue Accents


I have made a few little changes to our daughters' room the past couple of months.
First, I started by adding a wooden faux fireplace one of the corners of their room. It is such a cute spot for the girls to display random things like birthday cards or personal belongings, like the wooden birdcage they painted.

I also removed the big striped rug that was in here. It was a cute idea, but just too large for the space and so it kept getting pushed over to one side of the room and bunched up under their beds. After fiddling with it for months, I just decided to move it over to another spot of the house with less furniture so it doesn't move around as much.

I also decided to add some valances to their windows. I will be posting about them soon because they cost well under $10 to make all three!!! Can you believe it?! Having these over their windows adds a bit more of a finished look to their room and as for the price, it can't be beat!







Eventually I would like to get a smaller rug for in between the beds. One that is easy to move around if needed and one that doesn't fit under their beds. I've been looking for one for a while but haven't had any luck. I'm also thinking of something that is not pink since that color seems to be in abundance here. :)








I may also recover their toy storage ottoman with a different print than the zebra one we have right now. I know if I left that decision up to my oldest, she would pick out a pink polka dotted print. That seems to be her favorite right now. 




 Once I get a post typed up about the valances, I will post it. It is really a simple DIY project you can do on your own if you want to dress up a plain window for cheap. Stay tuned!


Details:
Wall color is BM Mellow Pink
Headboard colors- SW Silver Strand lightened by 75%
Valance- DIY I will blog about soon
Rocking chair- Thrift store find
Faux fireplace- Info here
Bed spread and comforter- Ollies

Linking up with:
Share Your Cup Thursday
Katherine's Corner

3 comments :

  1. Very sweet! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet room! I bet the girls love it. It has pretty feminine touches. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.