Friday, January 22, 2016

It Was Only A Matter of Time!

 You may or may not have noticed that there was a little change to our family room. It was only a matter of time before this change took place! Can anyone guess what's different about this picture?


I decided to go ahead and paint the double doors in the family room! Surprise! But, if you know me at all, this shouldn't come as a surprise.
I chose to paint these doors with the same color that I chose for our front door a few months back. The color is Ashwood Moss by Benjamin Moore and it has proven to be this nice rich gray that varies a bit depending on the light. It does have a blue undertone to it which is hardly noticeable to most people. I knew I didn't want to go too dark or too light and this color fits the bill and pairs nicely with our decor.



In our last home, I painted our interior doors a beautiful color called Porpoise by Sherwin Williams. I had always thought that color was a bit too light for our doors and so that is why I chose to go with a darker interior door color here. The original color on the doors when we bought this house was brown (painted in such a way to make it look like a wood door). I first painted them white but that made the whole area disappear a little bit and I wanted to highlight the doors and the view to outside, not hide it

Eventually, I am thinking of using this color on some of the other doors in our home...still deciding on exactly which ones will get painted with this color. Dare I say that I'm even thinking of painting the closet doors to my son's room in a rich dark green color? Bold, I know! But after all, it is just paint so if I decide it doesn't work out it can be repainted...that's just what I keep telling myself anyways. ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.