A few months back, I posted a picture to my FB page about a writing desk that I made over with primer and paint. Our computer has been having some issues so I couldn't find a great photo of what the desk use to look like before it was painted and after I painted it the first time. Here is the only picture I found...it's a little blury.
Basically, it was your basic wood-tone dresser, a little orange-y in color, with some scratches that needed to be fixed.
My first time around, I painted the desk in a white that I had on hand. It wasn't awful but I didn't love it. Trying to sell it was a bit difficult as well. So I decided to repaint it and had an interested buyer right away!
I loved the way it turned out the second time around. Even my husband said he liked it better and I agree! It turned out better than expected with the new color scheme.
The second go-around, I wanted the brush strokes to be noticeably visible, so I used several different shades of gray that I already had and also mixed in a little bit of water to one of the mixtures. Then I put 2 coats of a poly-acrylic on the top to seal everything and give it a bit of a shine.
The hardware is original to the piece. It really worked with the new color.
It sold to a very kind young woman who needed a desk to stash "all of her stuff." :)
I hope she really comes to enjoy the desk and the work that went into it.
It was also fun to get back into refinishing furniture pieces. Ever since I started building the sofa tables and the buffet tables, I haven't had much time to commit to shopping around for thrifted pieces to redo. So it was really nice to be able to get this thing done and sold to a happy home!
Have a great week everyone and stay warm!!