Thursday, September 20, 2012

Updates to Our House....

 
Hi there!
I have a few updates to share with you...pictures of Tess' new room (coming together quite nicely) and our family room.
Before I do, how are you enjoying the weather outside? We love it! We are outside every day now since the weather has been cool and our family can't get enough of this coolness. Our dog especially loves it and could stay out there for hours and hours...we actually have to drag him inside sometimes to eat or get some water because he surely forgets since he has so much fun.
Anyways, I hope you and your family are able to get outside as much as possible and relax and play.
 
 
Okay...so here are some pictures of how I have been rearranging things in the new room for our daughter. I have probably rearranged things in their 5 times, but finally got something that I think works.....for now at least! Ha!
 
 
We bought this end table at the thrift store and I sanded and repainted it to go more with our style.

 
I think it cost about $5.00 for the end table and really couldn't pass that up!
I just added another coat of spray paint to it and let it dry outside.

 
Then I brought it to the new room to see how it measured up and it looks good to us!

 
Here is the bed, desk, and storage shelves from Target.

 
On this blank wall I plan on adding more pictures and other things like that.
I also plan on repainting the room...not really looking forward to that, but I want it done so hopefully I will get the energy soon to tackle it so it is done!

 
This is the storage ottoman I recovered with our new fabric...the fabric was actually from queen bed sheets I bought at Ross recently! Score!

 
And this is our family room.
We rearranged things around and had a friend help us out too!
I added the frames today by rearranging them on the wall to frame out the TV.

 
And our new fall mantle.
It is still a work-in-progress because I want to add a bigger bronze mirror above the fireplace. I love the one that Home Depot sells but we are waiting to save a bit before making that purchase.
 
So what do you think?
 
Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments :

  1. Your ottoman is so cute! I just found you through Jennifer Rizzo and am now following you!
    I'd love you to visit and if you enjoy my blog, follow me back :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susan! I will be sure to check out your blog and thanks for becoming a new follower! :)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.