Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ikea Trip


I have been talking about IKEA for a week now and know it must sound like it will never end, but it will...at least I think so. HEHE!
In any case, I did want to share some pictures from my IKEA trip last weekend because there were so many great things there that my friend and I found as we shopped.

I love taking pictures of different places I've been and that includes huge warehouses like IKEA! HA!
 
 
 
 
So I fell in LOVE with this gray wing-back chair and the Christmas tree behind it (pictured above). I didn't purchase the chair nor the Christmas tree, but I did take a few seconds to snap a picture of them for ideas in the future.
Have you noticed that gray seems to be more in now than ever?! I kind of thought it was just a phase in the design world, but it seems to be taking over and going strong as a neutral color. I must admit, I was skeptical at first about the color, but I find myself purchasing gray fabric and paints for our home now.  :)
 

 
 
And why didn't I see this bookshelf online before I went to IKEA? I don't know why, but I thought that $30 was a great deal for bookshelves like the one pictured above.
 I plan on building a similar one for my daughter's upstairs in our loft and am hoping I can get all of the wood for under $30. We shall see!!
 

 
 
I just snapped a photo of these bookshelves for more inspiration for when I build one! They are Lack shelves and came at a reasonable price.
 

 
 
And I really loved this table and the way it was set so I had to take 3 pictures of it. :)
 

 
 
GORGEOUS!!!!
I really like the simple white plates with the glassware. It's so clean and elegant!!
 

 
 
I really, really wanted to find this gray table runner for our dining table (there I go again talking about the color gray- it just works with so much!) 
Since I couldn't find it in the store, I figure I could always make one similar to this out of fabric from JoAnn's or something. But it sure is gorgeous!!
 
 
Have you made a trip to IKEA recently?
 
Enjoy your Saturday and thanks for stopping by!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.