Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday 12/17/2012

 
Well, today is still a bittersweet day after what happened last Friday morning.
My heart and prayers are still going out to those families who lost loved ones- especially the children. :(
 
Last Friday was also my husband's birthday and I was planning a big post for him, but after hearing the news Friday of this horrible tragedy, I just couldn't bare myself to write anything down on the blog. Overall, we had a good time celebrating Chris' birthday just being a family and being with each other- talking, listening to one another, sharing a meal at the dinner table, etc. It's something I take for granted all too often and am reminded of how things can change in an instant.
 
 
A verse that was a calming peace to me this weekend comes from Hebrews.
 
Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
~Hebrews 2:17-18
 
 
 
These verses were spoken at our small group Bible study on Tuesdays and at church on Sunday and it really touched me. Just how the Lord understands our pain and what we go through because he alone sent his Son to die for us who experienced many sorrows as well.
It also made me think of those who are hurting or troubled who need help and just can't seem to find anyone to listen. I pray that we all become a listening ear to those around us who are struggling and never cease to stop praying for them and for our country.
 
Those were my thoughts this morning that I wanted to share with you and I hope you are being comforted by the words of our Father this week (and everyday!)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.