Monday, December 3, 2012

Finished Storage Bench

Hi there! Happy Monday!
Did everyone have a good weekend??
It has been quite chilly here so we have been staying indoors a little bit more and relaxing and spending time together as a family. It's always nice to be able to do that. :)
I wanted to post about my finished storage bench that I did recently and I have some pictures to show you too.
I didn't take any pictures of the steps I did to make the cushions for our storage bench because it is fairly simple to do....but I did make sure to take some pictures of the final result.
 And in case you missed my blog posts about how I made our storage bench, you can look here for some of the steps and you can also look here for the rest of the process.
ARE YOU READY TO SEE THE FINAL PICTURES???
Ok, here we go!!


So we started out by heading to JoAnn's for some green foam that was 1" thick. JoAnn's was having a 60% off sale on foam so I purchased enough to cover my DIY bench.
I also got some more foam for our kitchen nook bench but that will be for another post which is to come soon!





I measured out how much foam I needed and cut it down to size to fit the bench.




Next, I used some leftover fabric (which I also used to cover an ottoman and a pillow) to go over the foam and placed it on the bench.




I just hot glued the fabric to the foam and kept things easy.
That way, if I ever need to recover the bench cushion with new fabric in the future, all I have to do is take off the old fabric and replace it with the new fabric.
Easy peasy!!





And the Pampers box to the right of the bench has its place there for a reason. ;)
I plan on recovering it with some left-over fabric and using it as a storage box for our kiddos toys and such.

YAY for home-made projects!!


Have you recovered any pieces in your home lately?

Home Stories A2Z


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.