Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bookshelf Additions Take 2

Good morning and happy Thursday, everyone!

So my husband had to look up the reason why my blog wasn't allowing me to upload pictures and he realized that it was because I needed to be using Firefox instead of the other internet browser. What a smart man I am married to! Something I would've never thought to do and it worked. YAY! I am one happy blogger right now now that I can upload my pictures for you.

So.......

I want to share with you a project I have been working on for the past few weeks. Recently, we updated a dresser and turned it into a bookshelf. We made sure to anchor the shelves down into the dresser so it is more sturdy and stable...especially with little ones running around, we want to be safe!!

I have a few before and after photos of the dresser to share with you.


So we had this big gap between the two upper bookshelves that I wanted to connect with some molding from Home Depot and some caulk.





And here is a semi-far away shot once I installed the molding onto the bookshelves.


And yes I did this before Christmas...hehe...it has just taken me some time to upload the pictures and edit them for the blog.
:)




I also put up some pictures I got from a magazine where we took our Christmas vacation.
The frames were $.50 and $.75 at a local ReStore so I bought them and painted them with Heirloom White.


 The shelves aren't exactly styled how I would like them to be for now, but they will stay this way until I figure something else out.




So what do you think?

It is always fun what a quick and easy change can do to a piece of furniture in your home. :)



Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful shelves. I just love diy projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you via the blog hop. The book shelves look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.