Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Updating An Outdoor Wreath

Happy Tuesday everyone!

We had a friend visiting us from Texas this weekend so I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but it was worth it because we all had a good time catching up. We got to spend some time at the beach, out at restaurants, and we even got to play a sweet domino game while the little one was sleeping...our oldest was up playing with her Legos right next us and she was having a blast. :)

I got to do a few small projects I will share this week and the next.
The first one was something I completed in like 30 minutes or less...

Our front door wreath needed a little update so instead of purchasing a new one, I decided to add some coffee filters to the existing one to spruce it up a bit.


This was the before...it worked great for a year and looking back at this picture, I still love it. But I really wanted to change it up a bit.

Here is how it looks now after I added the filters.




I think I am going to add ribbon to hang it from so it hangs a little lower than where it is at now. 
Adding the filters definitely fluffed it up a bit more and made it more substantial.
Plus, it was free to do!!

Have you ever used coffee filters for home projects?


Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments :

  1. Great idea and I love the update. Totally changes the look. Great job. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-link-up-31/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl’s Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    This is very nice. Gives a nice warm feeling.
    Stopping over form "All Things Thursday Blog Hop". Now following you on Bloglovin and GFC.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Bismah @
    http://simplemamaathome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies!
    I love sprucing things up and making something look new again. :)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous wreath, Stephanie - love the color contrasts with the door! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.