Thursday, June 28, 2012

Our Year-Round Wreath

Hi everyone!! Happy Thursday morning to you. :)
We have a busy 2 weeks ahead of us with family and friends visiting so I will try to keep up with my posts, but I may skip a few days depending on how busy things get. We are really looking forward to spending quality time with our visitors and I can't wait until they get here to see us!! YAY!

Okay, I also wanted to share with you a new wreath I made with left-over fabric and red ribbon and a hot glue gun.

You have probably all seen many different wreaths out there either in the blog world or on pinterest. My idea came from pictures I have seen of fabric flowered wreaths on other blogs and decided to make my own. It seemed easy enough and after watching a tutorial, I got started.

Here she is!!! Our new wreath made from yarn (from the original wreath I made) and fabric.


I thought it would be a good idea to use the left-over fabric to make the flowers because these are the same fabrics in our home, so it gives things a little bit more of a consistency.


I made about 40 or so flowers (I think!) and pinned them first before gluing them onto the wreath.


I really wanted to cover up the yellow-yarned sides of the wreath. This gave me a good idea of where the flowers were going to be placed.


Eeekkk!!! I love how it turned out!


I really want to keep this wreath up for the rest of the year because I think it could easily be interchangeable with the seasons.


And here is another close-up. :)


Do you like?
Have you made a wreath for your front door or for any part of your home?

Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

1 comment :

  1. I'm one of the co-hosts of the Summer Fun party you linked up to this summer and wanted to say thanks for linking up there! I also wanted to let you know I've featured this project on my blog this evening, you can go check it out if you'd like and grab a "Featured" button :)
    http://www.justalittlecreativity.com/2012/08/take-some-summer-fun-into-fall-plus.html
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.