Monday, June 25, 2012

Fresh Flowers and Nook Update {Again}

Hello, hello!! I am so glad to be able to blog about more updates in our home...more specifically updates on our kitchen nook.
I know that I update about our nook frequently, but I just can't help it. :) I didn't feel the nook was that complete until we added a mirror and some new (and inexpensive) artwork.

My hubby also bought me some beautiful flowers recently that I wanted to share. :)


And now on to some pictures of our nook.


I was inpsired by some kitchen artwork from a wonderful blogger named Emily Clark and decided to make my own art with the words "Feed" and "Nourish."


For a total of about $11.00, I was able to purchase this mirror and the 2 frames you see pictured here in these photos. I did have to lightly sand them down and paint them with chalkboard paint to add a little cohesiveness with the rest of our home.


I've gone back and forth with spray painting the mirror and frames with bronze to match the light fixture, but decided that I would just use what we had around the house to paint them. :)


To read more about our kitchen changes, click here and here.

In the future, I would love to get a big vase with fresh flowers of some kind to put on the table. I might also cover one of the pillow with a navy fabric to add a little more color to the space. And since blue/navy is one of my favorite colors, I think that would work quite nicely. :)

I will be back tomorrow with some other updates we have made around the house...it has to do with moulding! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.