Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Board

Before I begin today's post, I want to give a special "Happy Birthday" shout out to our baby girl who turns 1 today!!! I can't believe it really! I still can remember heading to the hospital a little before 7AM and meeting our baby girl for the first time when she was born at 2:36PM. Thankfully, it wasn't a long labor and we are so, so, so thankful for our precious gift from the Lord.

It is so crazy to me that it all happened exactly 1 year ago. We love you little one! :)


She has been walking for a few months now (and now runs around here and there) and it always amazes me how much she learns every.single.day.
Happy, Happy, Birthday!!!!!!  :)
<3
We look forward to sharing this special day with family and friends over the weekend and I will share more pictures with you next week of the celebration!!!

And now on to our little project having to do with moulding and chalkboard paint.
Over the weeked, the hubby and I bought some inexpensive moulding to put around the chalkboard wall we painted to give the dining room a little bit of a separation from the other rooms in the house.

Here are some pictures for you!


First, we had to measure out how much moulding we needed.
You will also notice that I had to erase some of the words I wrote on the chalkboard wall because the moulding was going to go right over it.


My hubby pre-hammered some nails into the moulding and then placed each one up on the wall.



In the picture below, you can see the moulding up on each side of the chalkboard wall.


What I LOVE about this wall is that I can change it to celebrate birthdays (as seen in these pictures), holidays, or other special events. :)


I also caulked around the edges of the moulding to smooth the wall out and blend it in a little bit more.


We really love our chalkboard wall and while it is a bold move for some, it really fits what we were trying to accomplish with this space- and that is to create a separation of the dining room to the other spaces.

Have you used chalkboard paint anywhere in your home?


Thanks for stopping by!

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

2 comments :

  1. Awww... Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl! :) They just grow up too fast! Hope you all have a wonderful celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Weiya!! Hopefully more pictures next week. :)

      Delete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.