Monday, October 20, 2014

New Kitchen Pictures

Hello, hello!!
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
I gotta tell ya, we are loving the weather here. It is really beginning to feel like fall as the leaves change colors and the temperature drops a little here. It makes me excited. :)

Today I wanted to share with you some updates on our kitchen. I recently painted the countertops, finally, because before I had just primed them. I also painted the island countertop to look like marble (pictures to come on that in this post!). We still have to put up some of the missing crown molding, change out the ceiling fan, and the 80's lighting in the kitchen nook. Hoping to get that done at least by the end of the year, haha!

Here are some pictures that I took of how the kitchen is looking and coming together (with some before and afters).

A Before:




A Before:

I would really love at some point to replace the oven with something a little bit more updated. For now the fridge and dishwasher don't bother me as much because now they blend in a bit more.


 I looked up how to paint countertops to look like marble and it looked pretty simple. All I used was some leftover paint that I mixed up together and a feather (yes, a feather) to draw the veins. It actually looks better than I expected but of course it doesn't look completely real. It does look like it was painted on, but I actually am okay with that because I think it looks close enough to the real thing (especially from a distance) and I wanted a marble countertop...so since we can't afford one right now, painting something similar will have to do. ;)






A Before:





The cabinets are painted in SW Worldly Gray; the kitchen island is SW Pavestone.
Some of the hardware we had on hand and used and the rest (the round knobs) we bought at The Home Depot.

At some point I would like to paint the upper walls a warm color and the bottom I would like to do an off white like SW Shoji White. That should brighten and lighten things up a bit more and help things to flow a bit better from room to room. Still more to do but that is always the exciting part.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment :

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.