Thursday, December 17, 2015

Our Little Tree


In addition to our bigger Christmas tree,  we also added a much smaller version to our family room by the fireplace. I don't know what it is this year about small trees, but I have been reading a lot of blogs that are sporting them around their home. Maybe it's the simplicity of having one or just a decorating phase some people are going through?
 


We have had this little tree for about 3 or 4 years now and usually it sits outside on our front porch this time of year. But since we didn't put the bigger Christmas tree in our family room this year, I thought that putting our smaller tree by the fireplace would work out much better. And it has...we love it there...especially the girls. 


The tree is sitting in a plastic plant container we had in the garage and I just used some old fabric to wrap around it.


I would love to get a real Christmas tree in our family room one of these years, but we didn't do it this year. I'm sure it is a pain in the rear to care for and clean up, but we are willing to give it a try. Hopefully, next year we will have one! I bet the smell is amazing!


Our decorating has been pretty simple this year and I actually really love it that way. Plus, we know that it isn't all about the decorating of course, but celebrating the birth of Jesus this season. 



No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.