Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Loft Playroom

Hey there!
Do you have a space in your house that is set aside as a little play area for your little one(s)?
We sure do because I am not one that likes to have toys scattered all throughout the house. My husband and I try and keep our house tidy and that means that all of our kids toys have to have their own place somewhere in the house. Plus, as our kids get older, it will be a great lesson for them to learn- which is, be able to put your toys away in their designated spot around the house.

For example, we have a loft upstairs that is partly a play place for our daughters. I have mentioned parts of our loft here in this post when I built our girls storage bench. It is a great place to house their toys. :)
Here is another post about the rain gutter shelves  we put up a few months ago for all of the children's books we have too!

Here is an update to the play area I recently made...nothing major, but just a little change for now.


I moved this memo board because my daughter kept playing with the papers on the board and the push pins. I should've known better. :)




These bins hold so many toys and its a great way to keep the toys organized and off the floor when its time to clean up!





This is the IKEA LATT table that I redid...just never blogged about it but I painted the top with chalkboard paint and then added some fabric to the chairs.




And these buckets were purchased from Target for $.60 each! Great deal!
And the rod is from IKEA too!
It holds markers, crayons, and chalk for the kiddos! They love it! :)


How do you organize your children's toys?


Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments :

  1. I love your LATT update! Isn't it so versatile? Your little girl's lucky to have such a nice space to play in. E just gets this little spot behind our couch ;)

    http://enjoyerofgrace.blogspot.com/2012/06/toy-storage-solutions.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely playroom! I'm a huge fan of the fabric you used...modern and "grown-up" but still colorful and fun for the little ones. Thank you for sharing your project at Monday Makeover link party. We are blessed to have a large playroom in our home, which is extra nice since 2 of the kiddos share a room and have less space for toys. I am always trying to fix it up and sometimes get stuck trying to decide the best use of space. I got some ideas from your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chalkboard table….is it super messy? I've been considering it for our playroom. Found you from 5 Days 5 Ways…I posted about my loft playroom too : }

    http://ramblingsofamomster.blogspot.com/2013/02/home-tour-playroom.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jennifer!
    I shared this post on your blog as well. :)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting via Kid Corner....

    What a cute, practical space! Love the fabric you used on the bench!!

    To answer your question, here's how I organized our toys, although it's a work in progress:
    http://www.thecul-de-sac.blogspot.com/2013/04/playroom-in-progress.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you!
      Loved your playroom as well. Super cute!!

      ~Stephanie

      Delete
  6. We sure do because I am not one that likes to have toys scattered all throughout ... storagebench.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.