Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dining Room- Removing the Tree Painting


Well, it is part two of my post on repainting over our tree in the dining room and this is what I ended up doing to the wall...

This is how things started out looking in here...


This is after I painted over the tree mural...


I redid the mirrors we had in the dining room and just kept them plain to hang on the wall.



Then my daughters and I took a quick trip to Target to pick up 3 little mirror to fit right in between the 2 larger ones...
the mirrors were only $5 a piece so I thought "Why not get them?!"
:)



I hung up the 3 mirrors and they look like this now!!



We love it because it opens up the space so much more AND it adds more light...not that we needed more light in here, but it is a nice change!



I still have more plans for this spot but it will take time.


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments :

  1. Hi! Dropping in from Thursday Favorite Things. I love the color you have on your walls! And mirrors are amazing at opening up a room! They look great!(and the price was right, too!) I'm the kind of person, I would add just a pop of color, maybe even just something small, like on top of the buffet.
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for the tip...the room isn't done yet so there is plenty of time for me to add some color. :)

      ~Stephanie

      Delete
  2. Very Nice! I love that the mirrors in the middle have a thicker frame around them, it seems to really allow your eye to appreciate the furniture below the mirrors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - found you through the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.