Thursday, March 15, 2012

DIY Mantle Art Take II

Okay, so early this morning I posted about a DIY Spring mantle and have to post again because I did redo my crafty project today.

My baby girl and I ran to the Dollar Store a few hours ago and purchased some cute little Easter eggs for $1 and each pack came with 12 eggs....so I bought two packages!!!

That means that the amount of money I spent to do this whole project came to $2.00 + tax...not too shabby!!   :)

Okay, so here is the breakdown of what I did to create my new mantle creation.


This is what my new framed spring piece looks like! 
Now I love it!!

Okay, so this is the "old" framed piece I did yesterday, but wasn't in love with it.

Dollar Tree eggs and they even have a little bit of sparkle to them!!  :)

Someone else even loved the eggs and the packaging.
She is probably saying, "Mom, do I have to smile?"

"Okay, I will give you a quick smile, but please no more pictures!"
:)

So I needed to remove the eggs I made out of tissue paper.

I had a little bit of leftover tissue paper, but I didn't worry about that
because the eggs would cover them up.

The eggs had string attached to them so you could hang them if you wanted.
I didn't need the string so I pulled them off of the eggs.

Hot glue your eggs to the nests and let sit to dry.

I really LOVE how it turned out! It looks so cute in our house and adds
some much needed color.

I don't know why, but for some reason I really like taking angled pictures of things.
:)



So a for a quick breakdown, here is what I used to make my Spring mantle:

1. An old picture frame that we weren't using.

2. Leftover canvas dropcloth from Lowe's for the background.

3. Leftover rope, also from Lowe's, which was used to make the bird's nests.

4. Glue gun- already owned.  :)

5. Dollar Tree eggs- 2 pacakges for $2.00 total.


Have you made anything fun for Spring??

__________________________________________________________________________



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.