Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Finished T.V. Stand and Easter Mantle Addition


I am so happy to report that our T.V. stand has been fully painted and even though the paint was still drying when I snapped my pictures for the blog, I just couldn't wait to post them! So the pictures you will see of our finished T.V. stand will have fresh paint and magazine pages underneath.  :) Oops...sorry!

Let's take a quick walk down memory lane.
If you remember folks, this is what we started with.
(This was what our thrift store dresser looked like before it got a good paint treatment).


Of course, it wasn't terrible to begin with, but the wood tone was too dark for our family room and I wanted something lighter.


As you can see in these two photos (above and below), the legs of the T.V. stand still needed to be painted.


So I grabbed my paint brush and brushed away.


I had to use two coats of paint for the legs and the base so the stand had a more even look.
This picture was taken while the paint was drying, can't you tell?  :)


Here is our finished stand! I absolutely love how it turned out!!

I am glad I didn't paint the top of the stand where our T.V. sits. It really gives a more comfortable, casual look having everything painted except for the top of the stand.


To read more about how I began painting our T.V. stand, click here.

************************************************

And because I couldn't resist...I wanted to take a few shots of the new addition to our mantle for April.
(I know, there is only another week left in April, but I just wanted to post about this anyways).


I added my daughter's Peter Rabbit book to our decor. She was trying to  eat   read the book one day (Hey, she is only 9 1/2 months so what do you expect) and I thought, "This would look great on our mantle for the month of April!"   :)
So we put it up there and it looks really cute!


I really enjoy decorating our fireplace mantle and adding things here and there. 


To see how I made our April egg decor, click here.

Linking up to
DIY project Parade linky party button

SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.